Our super dwarf apple trees are grafted onto dwarf rootstock which has an extremely dwarfing effect producing a tree that will be no more than 1.5 – 2 meters (5 -6 feet) tall at maturity. There are many interesting advantages to growing such a small tree:
* they can be grown in incredibly confined spaces including a large patio container.
* because the trees are smaller, it’s easier to care for them and to harvest the fruit.
* dwarf trees can live as long as standard size trees.
* apples from dwarf trees also are the same size and have the same characteristics as apples from a larger tree.
* because apples on dwarf trees tend to be shaded less, dwarf apple varieties can be sweeter because they get more sunlight.
Smoothee (Improved Golden Delicious) Has a distinct blush, rosy orange over skin that is more green than yellow. The flesh is crisp, juicy, and on the coarser side of fine – grained, a light creamy yellow. The flavour is unquestionably Golden Delicious, sweet, mild and rich, with honeyed pear.
Imperial Gala It’s mid sized with radiant red stripes over yellow skin, and promises very juicy, sweet and crisp flesh come the first of August in colder climates. For pollination they need another apple, including another Gala or crabapple tree that blooms at the same time. Zone 5
MacFree (Improved McIntosh) An easy care, improved McIntosh! The fruit is aromatic with tangy, tender flesh iconic of its parent while the tree has exceptional disease – resistant to apple scab, powdery mildew, cedar apple rust, and fire blight. Compact, heavy – bearing trees. It’s cold hardy and ripens in September. Zone 4 – 8